Baby Booties

I wanted to knit something, but I wanted to make sure I would finish it. So, I thought I would knit these one hour baby booties for a baby shower gift. I had originally done them in a smaller needle size, but my gauge was so tight that they would barely fit my cat’s front… Read more Baby Booties


Update: For those that have asked both here and via email, I don’t have the local copy available right now (machine upgrade, yay!), but I will try. Update 2: Word is that Mazz is going to be talking to the Beeb soon, so hopefully it will be posted again.  While the pattern has been taken… Read more Adipose


A friend of my sister in law is having a baby girl. There is a baby shower coming up and I made this as a part of her gift. I don’t really like seed stitch, but when I was experimenting, the yarn felt nice in this stitch. I’ll probably be making more of these. Pattern:… Read more Washcloth

Flying Gloves

Josh wanted gloves for the winter so he could fly model airplanes. Knitty had just put out the Cigar pattern, so I thought that was a good idea. The pattern called for worsted weight yarn, but Josh wanted the gloves to be thin, but warm. I opted for a wool sock yarn. The pattern I… Read more Flying Gloves

A Brain Slug

Futurama Brain Slug A knitted brain slug from Futurama. I cheated and started my base off flat. Doing it this way also made it much easier to stuff in the end. I also added small bands on yarn on the bottom so that the headband (braided black yarn) can be removed when desired. The pattern… Read more A Brain Slug


I jumped on the bandwagon and knitted a dishcloth. The pattern in the Mason Dixon book is the same as the one found on the yarn band, which is the same as the one found here. It’s a little practice with the slip stitch too. Eventually I will take a picture of it, but I… Read more Bandwagon


Boredom and reading through the holiday issue of Vogue Knitting caused me to make a pair of these little rose rings. There is a little tutorial for making them in the issue and I figured what the hell. I don’t plan to make the pillow in this issue, but I thought they were cute. It… Read more Boredom


I used the dyed silk yarn I got from ebay and it looks pretty cool. I don’t think it was appropriate for this pattern, but it looks neat. I was going to give it as a gift if it worked the way I wanted to, but I think I want to try it with a… Read more Clapotis