Spinach Cheese Appetizers
Flavorful spinach and cheese appetizer. This is a modified version of a recipe from one of my aunts.
- 4 eggs
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups herb stuffing
- In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly.
- Add remaining ingredients
- Mix thoroughly.
- Shape into balls about the size of walnuts.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before baking.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- *Temperature and baking time may need to be adjusted for higher elevations.
- I find that I have to refrigerate the mixture a little before I shape them into balls. Otherwise they don’t form as easy.